Last Updated: November 1, 2016
Changes to This Policy
Information You Provide To Us. We collect information you provide directly to us.
- For example, we collect information when you register with Tinybeest for an account, create or modify your profile and online account, access and use the Tinybeest Services (including but not limited to when you optimize or resize images), participate in any interactive features of the Tinybeest Services, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, sweepstakes, activity or event, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support, communicate with us via third-party social media sites or otherwise communicate with us.
- The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, your picture, postal address, phone number, information about your data storage preferences, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. Please be aware that the information you choose to provide in your Tinybeest profile may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (for example, if you choose to provide your picture, your picture may reveal your gender. We also store the files or other information that you upload or provide to the Tinybeest Services ("Content") in order to be able to provide you with the features and functionality of the Tinybeest Service.
- You agree not to upload and/or collaborate Protected Health Information ("PHI") as defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability of 1996 Act as amended ("HIPAA"); Tinybeest disclaims all liability for such PHI.
- The information of third parties such as name, email address, etc. as may be provided in order to enable the functionality and features of the Tinybeest Service. For example, if you invite a user to Tinybeest, we will collect their email address in order to provide them with an invite to the Tinybeest Service in order to collaborate on the Content you designated.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Tinybeest Services. When you access or use the Tinybeest Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with the Tinybeest Services and may collect information about the applications and features you use, the websites you visit, the sizes and names of the files or folders you upload, download, share or access while using the Tinybeest Services, the Content you access, including the subject of any images, and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content in the Tinybeest Services.
- Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use the Tinybeest Services including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), the Web pages that you visit, the Content you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to the Tinybeest Services.
- Device Information: If you access the Tinybeest Services from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type). We do not ask for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile apps.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Tinybeest Services and your experience, customize your experience and preferences, allow you to access and use the Tinybeest Services without re-entering your member ID and/or password, understand which areas and features of the Tinybeest Services are most popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images (also called "gifs") that may be used in the Tinybeest Services or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Third Party clear gifs: Our third party partners employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our site. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers’ or Users’ personal information.
- Local Shared Objects (“LSO”): We use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information in order to provide certain features on our site. Third parties with whom we partner may also use LSOs in order to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
- Google AdSense: We anticipate using Google AdSense to publish ads on the Tinybeest site. When you view or click on an ad, a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other Web sites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information we collect through the Tinybeest Services. For example, we may have access to certain information from a third-party social media service if you create or log into your online account through the service or otherwise provide us with access to information from the service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third-party social media service is in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by the social media service.
Use of Information
We may use the information collected through the Tinybeest Service for the limited purpose of providing the Tinybeest Service and related functionality and services for which Tinybeest has been engaged. The information may be used to perform a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Tinybeest Services;
- Enable you to access and use the Tinybeest Services, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on and sharing Content and sending emails on your behalf;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about Tinybeest and our select partners;
- Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Tinybeest Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Tinybeest Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Tinybeest Services, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Tinybeest Services;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
By accessing or using the Tinybeest Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to Tinybeest and/or Tinybeest Services.
- Pro Account: If you are an individual Tinybeest registered user and the domain of the primary email address associated with your Tinybeest account is owned by your employer and was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and such organization wishes to establish a Tinybeest Pro account, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your email address.
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Tinybeest Services, (d) to protect Tinybeest, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or (f) to any other third party with your prior consent.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor Framework
Tinybeest, Inc. complies with the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from Switzerland. Tinybeest, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Tinybeest, Inc.’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
While no service is completely secure, Tinybeest takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, we encrypt your Content when it is stored in our data centers. In addition, sensitive information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on the Tinybeest Services is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
You agree not to upload to or collaborate through the Tinybeest Services any Personal Health Information as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 as amended (HIPAA).
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as directed by paying customers. Tinybeest will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Upon request, Tinybeest will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information that we are aware of. To request this information, contact us at email@example.com.
Promotional and Newsletter Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from Tinybeest by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the Tinybeest Services or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the Tinybeest Services.
California Residents. Under California law, California Residents who have an established business relationship with Tinybeest may choose to opt out of Tinybeest’s disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval email email@example.com.
Social Media Features and Widgets
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name.
Links to Third Party Websites
We may place links on the Tinybeest Services. When you click on a link to a third party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of Tinybeest. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Tinybeest Services is not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.